Deadly blast at Taliban Deputy Governor’s funeral
Following the attack on the Taliban’s deputy governor of Badakhshan targeted in a car bomb two days earlier, today, his funeral was also targeted in Faizabad city, by a suicide bombing leaving 15 individuals dead and 40 injured. There are also unconfirmed reports of the death of the Taliban’s economy minister Deen Mohammad Hanif in this attack.
No one has taken responsibility for this attack while the Islamic State of Khurasan (ISK) claimed to be the assassination of Deputy Governor Nisar Ahmad Ahmadi.
The Taliban government’s Ministry of Interior has confirmed the blast and there is a possibility of a rising number in the death toll.
Moreover, reportedly multiple local Taliban authorities are told to be killed in this explosion.
These back-to-back attacks over the course of three days have undermined the Taliban’s assertions of securing Afghanistan.
- Thousands of Signatures were Collected to Exclude a Taliban Propagandist from Belgium
- Afghanistan: Exclusive Narratives and No Norm
- Afghanistan’s annual Budget from the International Cricket Council
- Afghanistan and The Fallacy of Benevolent Dictatorship
- Backlash Against Oslo Freedom Forum as Women Protest Against Welcoming the Taliban