Taliban Deputy Governor of Northern Badakhsan Province Killed in Car Bomb
The Taliban’s deputy governor of Badakhshan province, Nisar Ahmad Ahmadi, was killed in a car bomb attack in Faizabad city.
Mahzudin Ahmadi, the provincial spokesperson confirmed Ahmadi and his driver’s death on Tuesday. Reportedly six civilians were also injured.
No one claimed responsibility for this attack, however, previously the Islamic State Khorasan (ISK) had launched multiple major attacks on Taliban officials including the governor of Balkh, Mohammad Dawood Muzammil in March.
Since the Taliban stormed back to power in 2021, many high-ranked Taliban members have been killed in different attacks, mostly launched by the ISK.
- Thousands of Signatures were Collected to Exclude a Taliban Propagandist from Belgium
- Afghanistan: Exclusive Narratives and No Norm
- Afghanistan’s annual Budget from the International Cricket Council
- Afghanistan and The Fallacy of Benevolent Dictatorship
- Backlash Against Oslo Freedom Forum as Women Protest Against Welcoming the Taliban