Atiq Rahimi became a jury member in the Cannes Film Festival
The organizers of the 76th Cannes Film Festival have announced the names of the jury members.
In the announcement of this festival, which was published on Thursday, 14th of Thor, it is stated that Atiq Rahimi, a writer, and director from Afghanistan, is one of the members of this seven-person committee.
In 2012, Rahimi made a film based on his novel “The Patience Stone” in which Iranian actress Golshifteh Farahani played the central role. A film that earned Golshifteh the award for the best talented young actress at the 30th Cesar Film Festival.
This is the first time that a director from Afghanistan has been selected as a member of the jury of the Cannes Film Festival – one of the most prestigious film festivals in the world.
The name of Afghanistan was mentioned a few days ago with the film “Bread and Roses”, made by Sahra Mani at the Cannes Film Festival 2023, which will premiere as a Special Screening in the festival.
In the announcement of this festival, Robin Ostland, a Swedish filmmaker, is the head of the judges for this round of the festival. Ostland won the Palme d’Or for the second time last year with the movie “Triangle of Sadness”.
- Thousands of Signatures were Collected to Exclude a Taliban Propagandist from Belgium
- Afghanistan: Exclusive Narratives and No Norm
- Afghanistan’s annual Budget from the International Cricket Council
- Afghanistan and The Fallacy of Benevolent Dictatorship
- Backlash Against Oslo Freedom Forum as Women Protest Against Welcoming the Taliban